Wednesday 29 August 2012

Happy Onam - എല്ലാവര്‍ക്കും ഓണാശംസകള്‍!







Courtyards decorated with flower carpets…
Men and women draped in traditional Kerala attire…
Children in search of more flowers…
Teenagers thinking hard to come out with an innovative design for their flower carpet…
People dressed up like the King Mahabali…
Visits to temple…
Paayasam and Onam sadhya…
Thus comes yet another Onam…

Onam brings happiness with it… It also brings prosperity… It is one festival which is celebrated by all… Irrespective of religion or caste… It is a festival of togetherness… belongingness and brotherhood…

Onam always reminds me of how my mother and i would put large flower carpets in Bangalore… It used to be an eye candy for all…. I used to enjoy observing those envious stares! And I also remember that we made a similar large flower carpet in Kerala…. And within minutes, a bunch of goats came and ate all the flowers… That beautiful flower carpet was replaced by a mess of few flowers… stems and grass scattered here and there.. I was nine years old then and I decided that I will never put flower caret in my life!!! I cried endlessly. Recalling that incident now… I am smiling… Onam has always been such a fun!!!

So… dear all…
I am wishing you all a very-very happy Onam…
Have loads of fun and payasam indeed!!! Wink!!!




4 comments:

  1. Happy Onam to you ... have a great festival :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best and warmest Onam greetings to you and your family.
    May this auspicious Occasion
    Bring prosperity and fulfillment to your Life..
    Happy Onam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Melanie...
      And here I am wishing u Happy Onam in advance !

      Delete